Many users have recently been filing a lot of complaints regarding the issues that they have been facing with their Netgear Nighthawk routers. This has led them to visit a number of websites online in search of solutions. Almost every website recommends they restore their routers to their default factory settings. This forces the routers to go back to the original mode. In simple words, the router becomes brand new. To avoid going through this thing, many users have been looking for an alternate way to get rid of technical issues. Are you one of them? If you are nodding your head in yes, then know that in this article, we have talked about that solution, i.e. rebooting. Here, you will learn how to reboot your Netgear router via Netgear router login credentials as well as physically. Read on.
How to Reboot Netgear Router Physically?
In this method, you just do not need a computer or anything else. You just need to stay near your Netgear Nighthawk router.
Take the help of the following guidelines and learn how to reboot your Netgear router without using the web user interface:
- Locate the power button on your Netgear router.
- Once you find it, press it.
- Thereafter, unplug the router from its existing electrical outlet.
- Wait for some time, approximately a couple of seconds.
- Plug the Netgear router back into its wall outlet.
- Now, you need to press the power button.
- Doing so will turn on your networking device.
- You can also be sure of that once the LED light becomes solid.
In this manner, you will be able to reboot your Netgear Nighthawk router successfully. In case, you did not find this method easy to implement, you might find the next one helpful.
How to Reboot Netgear Router via Web User Interface?
Walk through the instructions mentioned in this section and get an understanding of how you can reboot or restart your Netgear wireless router using the web user interface:
- Connect the networking devices with the help of a wired source of connection.
- Open your computer or laptop. Both will serve the same purpose.
- Launch an internet browser.
- Go to the address bar of the browser instead of the search bar.
- Double-click on it.
- Once the cursor starts blinking, enter routerlogin.net.
- Press the Enter key.
For your information, if routerlogin.net refuses to connect, then it is recommended that you use the default IP of your router to access the login page. The default IP address of your Netgear router is 192.168.1.1. Remember that the IP varies from router to router.
- As soon as you access the Netgear router login page, you will find two fields.
- One field is for the default username and another is for the password.
- Click on the Log In button.
- The BASIC Home dashboard will make its way to your screen.
- Hit the Advanced option.
- Locate the Reboot button.
- Click it once found.
- Wait for some time and let the process come to an end.
With that, you have successfully rebooted your Netgear Nighthawk router using the web user interface. Now, check if the issue that you were experiencing with your router has been fixed or not. If it has, congratulations!
The second part of this article talks about a tip known as Netgear router firmware update. Keeping the firmware of your router updated will help you to keep technical issues at bay. This means that you won’t have to go lurking around the web in search of solutions.
How to Perform Netgear Router Firmware Update?
- Connect the Netgear wireless router to a wall socket.
- Press the power button.
- Build a connection between the router and modem.
- Once that is done, open an internet browser on your system.
- Access the default web or IP address of your Netgear router.
- When you are on the login page, enter the default admin details.
- Click on the Log In button.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, go to the Administration option.
- Hit the Firmware Update button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
In no time, you will be able to update the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router. If you do not want to update your device using the manual method, you are free to make use of the Nighthawk app for the same process.
Hopefully, after walking through this post, you will be able to reboot your Netgear Nighthawk router and get rid of all the technical issues that you were experiencing with your networking device.