Netgear Orbi WiFi mesh systems are in boom today. They are built with high-end technology and provide ultra-fast and stable internet through every inch of the home. You just need to install the Orbi system, which includes one Orbi router and one or multiple satellites to begin enjoying trouble-free internet access. The Orbi satellite is usually placed at a location where the internet signal needs expansion. Just like every other Netgear device, firmware updates are released regularly for the Orbi system as well. In order to get the most out of your device, you must keep it updated to the latest firmware version. To update the firmware, you need to access the orbilogin page and access its settings. In this article, you will find in-detail information about different ways using which you can do the firmware update on your Orbi system.
How to Know Your Orbi Firmware Version?
Before proceeding with the firmware update procedure, it is important to check which version is already running on your device. You can check by getting to the settings page. Here are the steps to know the firmware version:
- Plug in your Orbi router to an active power socket.
- Open orbilogin.com in a web browser.
- Enter the admin login credentials to log in to the Orbi router.
- Now, as you land on the management console, click on the Advanced option.
- Further click on the Firmware Update option under Administration.
Here you will find the firmware version your Orbi is running on. You can check the latest firmware updates on the official website.
How to Know If Orbi Needs Firmware Update?
If your Orbi device is running on obsolete firmware, then you may begin experiencing certain issues with it. For instance, your Orbi had been working fine and suddenly stopped working. This could be due to older firmware. You may also experience the Orbi satellite not connecting issue at times due to an older firmware version. Recurrent occurrences of Orbi issues hints about firmware update requirement. You may check for the notifications of the firmware updates that you will receive when a newer version is released.
Orbi Firmware Update via Manual Method
Here is the manual or web browser method to update firmware on your Orbi:
- Download the latest firmware for your Orbi device using the official website. Save it at a safe location on your computer. Make sure that you download the firmware for your Orbi model only.
- Now open orbilogin.com and on the login window, type the Orbi login username and password to log in.
- As soon as you land on the management console or the settings page, you’ve got to click on the options in the sequence as mentioned below:
Advanced> Administration> Firmware Update>Manual Update
Now it is time to update your Orbi router and Orbi satellite. First, update the Orbi satellite and then go for the Orbi router update.
Firmware Update on Orbi Satellite
- In the same management console, click on the Manual Update tab. The firmware update page will open.
- Choose your satellite model number by clicking on the check box next to it.
- Now, click on the Update button. This will open the Orbi satellite firmware update window.
- Enter the Orbi router login credentials if prompted.
- Click on the Browse button.
- Locate the already downloaded firmware file.
- Now, click on the Upload button. The firmware upgrading process will start.
This is how you can update the firmware of your Orbi satellite.
Firmware Update on Orbi Router
Now it is time to update the latest firmware on your Orbi router. Here are the steps:
- Do the Orbi login on your computer just the way you did earlier.
- Now, on the management console, click on Advanced>Administration>Firmware Update.
- Click on the Manual Update option.
- Further, click on the Browse button and locate the firmware file saved on the computer.
- Next, click on the Upload button, and finally click on Yes.
The firmware update will begin and will be done in a matter of no time.
Orbi System firmware Update Using Orbi App
In case you are experiencing the Orbilogin not working issue and can’t access the management console on your computer, then opt for the firmware update using the Orbi app. Here is how you update firmware using the app.
- Download the Orbi app on your phone and launch it.
- Enter the Orbi login credentials to log in.
- Tap on the Menu option.
- Select Settings< Router Settings.
- Now tap on Update Firmware.
- Simply follow the instructions that will be displayed to update the firmware on your Orbi router.
Here we put an end to our article on how to update firmware on your Orbi system using two different methods. It is recommended to keep your Orbi device updated to the latest firmware version at all times.